The His Love stamp set has some beautiful imagery and is the perfect stamp set to make all kinds of cards with a Christian religious sentiment: Easter, Christmas, Sympathy, Get Well, Just Because and anything in between.
This card is simple to make and comes together fairly quickly.
- His Love Stamp Set
- Hammered Metal Embossing Folder
- Cardstock: Gorgeous Grape, Highland Heather, Purple Posy and Basic White Thick cardstock
- Inkpads: Gorgeous Grape and Highland Heather
- Layering Dies
- Shimmery Crystal Effects, Ice Stampin’ Glitter and Dazzling Diamonds (a retired product)
- Stamp two cross images onto white cardstock using Highland Heather ink
- Fussy cut them and then glue one on top of the other. If you use liquid glue like I do, set aside the glued piece to let dry for 5-10 minutes.
- Once the glue is dry, place the image onto a sheet of Stampin’ Up grid paper or silicone craft sheet and squeeze a generous amount of Shimmery Crystal Effects all over it.
- Next, sprinkle some Dazzling Diamonds glitter all over it if you have some. Dazzling Diamonds is a retired product, but if you have it, use it because it has beautiful iridescent crystals (see photo below)
- Then sprinkle Ice Stampin’ Crystals on top of that
- Set aside for at least 30 minutes to allow the Shimmery Crystal Effects gel to set. Otherwise, it will smear.
- While that’s drying, cut your cardstock.
- Gorgeous Grape 4 1/4 x 11 scored at 5 1/2. Fold at the score line and burnish with bone folder
- Highland Heather 5 1/4 x 4
- Emboss using Hammered Metal 3D Embossing Folder
- Purple Posy (a soon-to-be-retired In Color): 5 x 3 3/4
- Die cut a large scalloped oval from Gorgeous Grape.
- Adhere embossed layer to Gorgeous Grape card base
- Next, adhere Purple Posy layer
- Put dimensionals on the back of the scalloped oval die cut piece and place in the center of the Purple Posy layer.
- Once your cross image is dry, put some liquid glue on the back and adhere it to the center of the scalloped oval
- For the sentiment label, cut a strip of basic white 4″ x 1/2″
- Stamp your sentiment in the center
- Run your scissors or your fingers along the back of the label to curl it in the middle.
- Then curl the two edges forward. The center will have a mountain curve and the edges will have a valley dip.
- Place a Pastel Pearl on either end of the sentiment label
Like I said, this is an easy card to make, but it’s so pretty. The embossed layer gives it texture and the glitter gives it a little wow factor.
If you’re planning on mailing the card, I recommend putting it in a little larger envelope, and perhaps put a little piece of bubble wrap on the front to protect the label. I plan on putting mine in a larger envelope and then doing a porch drop off in the person’s mailbox to make sure it doesn’t get damaged.
I hope you enjoyed this tutorial. I love sharing with you and I hope you come back again.