The beautiful Butterfly Brilliance bundle is now available for purchase. The detail of the butterfly die that I used for this card is so detailed that it closely mimics the features of a real butterfly.
Butterflies hold deep and powerful symbolism. They represent endurance, change, hope and life. I love seeing them in my garden in the Summer. They are so beautiful, but unfortunately, they have a very short life. While they are here though, fluttering in our gardens, they are magnificent to watch.
I wanted to do a simple black and white theme which has a beautiful clean look. I hope you like it.
- Butterfly Brilliance bundle
- Posted for You stamp set
- Basic Black cardstock
- Basic White thick cardstock
- Meadow Moments embossing folders
- Subtle embossing folder
- Stitched Rectangle dies
- Everyday Label punch
- Tailored Tag punch
- Memento Tuxedo Black Inkpad
- Smoky Slate Inkpad
- Pearl Basic Jewels
- Multipurpose liquid glue
- Stampin Seal
- Basic Black cardstock 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ scored at 4 1/4″
- Cut a piece of white cardstock using the largest stitched rectangle die
- Cut a 2nd piece of white cardstock using the 3rd SMALLEST stitched rectangle die
- Cut 1 strip each of black and white cardstock 4 1/4″ x 1/2″
- Scrap of white cardstock 3″ x 2″
- Emboss the large die cut piece of white cardstock with the Subtle embossing folder.
- Emboss the smaller die cut piece using one of the Meadow Moments embossing folders.
- Die cut the butterfly from black cardstock
Using black ink, stamp the Happy Birthday sentiment from the Posted for You stamp set on the scrap of white cardstock. Then punch it out using the Everyday Label punch.
Dip a sponge dauber in the Smoky Slate ink and rub it onto the edges of the sentiment label. With so much white on the card, the gray inked edges will make it stand out.
- Insert one end of the black strip and then the white strip a little bit into the Tailored Tag punch to make a banner.
- Adhere the large white embossed card layer to the black card base
- Lay the black and white strips near the bottom of the card with the white strip slightly to the left and below the black strip. Once you are satisfied with their placement, use adhesive to glue them down.
- Glue down the small embossed piece over the black and white strips
- Put dimensionals on the sentiment tag and place over the bottom left of the small embossed layer.
- Cut small dimensionals and place on the top wings of the butterfly.
- Adhere the bottom of the butterfly directly to the sentiment tag. The dimensionals at the top will make the butterfly stand out.
- Adhere five adhesive pearls to the body of the butterfly. The white of the pearls will make the butterfly pop.
The black and white gives the card a certain elegance and simplicity and would also make a lovely sympathy card.
Thank you for stopping by today. Below is a list of the products I used to make this card.