Here’s a cute idea I picked up from Julie Davison on Pinterest on how to turn the penguin from Penguin Place into a turkey. I liked her idea so much I decided to put him on a Thanksgiving card.
- Stamp sets: Penguin Place Bundle 156789, Daisy Lane stamp set 149325
- Cardstock: Soft Succulent 155776, Soft Suede 115318, Calypso Coral 122925, So Saffron 105118, Basic White 159276, Pumpkin Pie 105117
- Inkpads: Bumblebee 153116, Pumpkin Pie 147086
- Miscellaneous: Intricate Leaves Dies 153566, Large Daisy Punch 143713, Harvest Meadow Designer Series Paper 156494, Silicone Craft Sheet 127853, Multipurpose Liquid Glue 110755, Stampin’ Dimensionals 104430, Ombre Specialty Paper 155784, Copper Foil Sheets 142020 Word Wishes Dies 149629
- Soft Succulent 5 ½” x 8 ½” scored at 4 ¼”
- Basic White 5 ¼” x 4” (inside of card)
- Harvest Meadow DSP 5 ¼” x 4” and a strip of coordinating Harvest Meadow DSP cut at 1” x 4”
- Scrap of Pumpkin Pie cardstock
- Adhere 5 ¼” x 4” Designer Series Paper to the card base
- Put dimensionals on 1” x 4” strip of coordinating DSP and adhere to middle of DSP layer
- Stamp penguin image onto a scrap of Basic White using Bumblebee ink then punch out with the penguin punch.
- Punch out feet from a scrap of Pumpkin Pie cardstock and glue to the bottom of the penguin’s body.
- Stamp a nose onto a scrap of basic white using Pumpkin Pie cardstock and fussy cut. Then glue to the Penguin’s face.
- Stamp two large daisies onto a scrap of Basic White using Bumble Bee ink and punch out with the large daisy punch
- Glue the two daisy pieces together with the leaves of the top one in between the leaves of the bottom one to give it dimension, then glue the daisy to the back of the penguin.
- Put dimensionals on the back of the turkey penguin and adhere to the bottom of the card.
- Punch out various size leaves using the Intricate Leaves dies from Soft Suede and Calypso Coral cardstock, a scrap of Copper Foil and Ombre Specialty Paper.
- An easy way to apply liquid glue to the intricate cut leaves is to squeeze a little glue onto the silicone craft sheet, then use a small piece of craft sponge to dab small amounts of glue to bottom of the leaves (don’t apply glue to the top parts of the leaves – leave those loose.) Then tuck the leaves under the DSP strip.
- Die cut “Happy Thanksgiving” from Word Wishes from Soft Succulent cardstock. Dab liquid glue to the back of the die cut pieces and adhere to the DSP strip.
- Stamp a sentiment of your choice to the 5 ¼” x 4” piece of basic white cardstock and adhere to the inside of the card.