I saw a similar card on Etsy but using a different stamp set. I thought it would be a super cute card to make with the All for Baby bundle and the Wildly Adorable stamp set in the 2021 Annual Catalog. I made the pink one first to give to my niece who just had her third baby girl. And then I decided to make one in blue. You have to admit they’re cute, right? And they are super simple to make.
- All for Baby Bundle
- Wildly Adorable Stamp Set
- Label Me Lovely Punch
- Basic White Thick Cardstock
- Polished Pink Inkpad
- Blushing Bride inkpad
- Sponge Dauber
- Flirty Flamingo Stampin’ Blends Combo Pack
- Ivory & Bronze Stampin’ Blends Combo Pack
- Pastel Pearls
- Adhesive of your choice
- Cardbase: Cut Basic White cardstock at 4 1/4 and score at 5 1/2
- Cut 1 piece of white cardstock 4 1/4 x 3/4 (for bureau header)
- Cut 3 pieces of white cardstock at 3 3/4 x 1 (bureau drawers)
Once you have the card base cut, punch out the bottom of the card (front & back) using the Label Me Lovely punch. See photo below for placement.
- Using the Blushing Bride inkpad and a sponge dauber, lightly daub all around the card base to give it a hint of pink color.
- Next, I stamped the girl’s bureau header with a small flower image from the In Bloom stamp set, but you could also use the heart image from the All for Baby stamp set. Once it’s stamped, glue it to the top of the card base.
- Take the three drawer pieces that you cut at 3 3/4 x 1 and sponge daub Blushing Bride ink around the edges.
- Stamp the “Welcome Baby” sentiment on one of the pieces.
- Adhere 4 dimensionals to each one just along one edge and adhere each “drawer” to the card base with the dimensionals at the of each drawer.
- Stamp one baby outfit and one bib onto white cardstock using Polished Pink inkpad and then die cut; OR
- die cut the pieces directly from DSP if you prefer
- Also die cut one clothes hanger from white cardstock
- Stamp the baby’s image onto white cardstock
- Color in the baby’s outfit with a Light Flirty Flamingo Stampin’ Blend and the center of the outfit with Dark Flirty Flamingo. Color the baby’s face and hands with the Ivory Stampin’ Blend. Then dab a very small amount of Light Flirty Flamingo onto the baby’s cheeks.
- Put dimensionals on the back of the image and adhere to the bottom right of the card as shown in the photo above.
- Glue the clothes hanger on the top drawer about where the drawer pull will be. Then glue the baby’s outfit on top of it.
- Put a little glue on the bottom of the bib and tuck it into the bottom drawer in the middle, so the top is sticking out.
- Adhere pink Pastel Pearls: put one right in the middle of the clothes hanger hook, then another on the right side of the drawer. Then place one on the 2nd drawer only on the right. And then one on the bottom drawer only on the left.
For the blue bureau, all of the directions above apply, except you will use the following colors instead of pink:
- Balmy Blue inkpad (to shade the bureau and drawers)
- Balmy Blue Stampin’ Blends (to color in the baby’s clothes)
- Ivory Stampin’ Blend for the baby’s face and hands
- Misty Moonlight inkpad to stamp the baby’s outfit that hangs on the bureau as well as the bib and the stars from the stamp set.
- Use gray Pastel Pearls for the drawer pulls
Thank you for visiting my blog. Please leave me a comment below. I would love to hear from you.
You would pay me no greater compliment than to share my blog with your friends and family. And please subscribe to my blog so that you can receive an email whenever I post new content.